Definition of shoebox in English:
1A box in which a pair of shoes is delivered or sold.
- In Mayo alone last year, 6,500 shoeboxes were filled and delivered.
- Still, she dismissed it, reminding herself that tons of people kept things that weren't shoes in shoeboxes.
- The best way to secure enough shoeboxes is to buy dozens of pairs of shoes.
1.1Used in references to small or uniform rooms or spaces: a shoebox of a room
More example sentences
- Not too many interior walls since they converted the upstairs storey from five shoebox rooms and a landing to one big space.
- I wanted my tiny little apartment, my shoebox sized room, my friends, my Dad.
- Families are no longer satisfied with little shoebox rooms and single beds.
Definition of shoebox in:
- British & World English dictionary