Definition of shoebox in English:
1A box in which a pair of shoes is delivered or sold.
- In Mayo alone last year, 6,500 shoeboxes were filled and delivered.
- Still, she dismissed it, reminding herself that tons of people kept things that weren't shoes in shoeboxes.
- The best way to secure enough shoeboxes is to buy dozens of pairs of shoes.
1.1Used in references to small or uniform rooms or spaces: a shoebox of a room
More example sentences
- Not too many interior walls since they converted the upstairs storey from five shoebox rooms and a landing to one big space.
- I wanted my tiny little apartment, my shoebox sized room, my friends, my Dad.
- Families are no longer satisfied with little shoebox rooms and single beds.
Words that rhyme with shoeboxshadow-box • jukebox
Definition of shoebox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan