Definition of shooting gallery in English:
1A room or fairground booth used for recreational shooting at targets with guns or air guns.
- Nothing, it seems, has escaped the bullets, including many religious statues peppered with holes like target figures in a fairground shooting gallery.
- An artist named El Perro (Spanish, I guess) has creating a shooting gallery with an air gun that points at a view of a street corner, with cars and people occasionally passing across the frame.
- Conversely, the undefended pieces of your opponent are like targets in a shooting gallery.
1.1North American informal A place used for taking drugs, especially injecting heroin.
- Measures selected for our first analysis pertain to the question: ‘Among injecting drug users, who is more likely to inject in shooting galleries?’
- Nonetheless, the literature is contradictory in terms of predicting which persons among illicit drug users are more likely to inject in shooting galleries as compared to injecting alone or elsewhere.
- In shooting galleries, drug users are able to illegally rent cubicles to inject drugs.
Definition of shooting gallery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.