Definition of shooting gallery in English:
1A room or fairground booth used for recreational shooting at targets with guns or air guns.
- Nothing, it seems, has escaped the bullets, including many religious statues peppered with holes like target figures in a fairground shooting gallery.
- An artist named El Perro (Spanish, I guess) has creating a shooting gallery with an air gun that points at a view of a street corner, with cars and people occasionally passing across the frame.
- Conversely, the undefended pieces of your opponent are like targets in a shooting gallery.
1.1North American informal A place used for taking drugs, especially injecting heroin.
- Measures selected for our first analysis pertain to the question: ‘Among injecting drug users, who is more likely to inject in shooting galleries?’
- Nonetheless, the literature is contradictory in terms of predicting which persons among illicit drug users are more likely to inject in shooting galleries as compared to injecting alone or elsewhere.
- In shooting galleries, drug users are able to illegally rent cubicles to inject drugs.
Definition of shooting gallery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan