- A small, rapidly moving meteor burning up on entering the earth’s atmosphere.More example sentences
- Tiny meteors, commonly called shooting stars, hit the earth's atmosphere and turn into fiery streaks.
- It was not a satellite, meteor or shooting star.
- That's much larger than the dust grains that vaporize in the atmosphere to form most shooting stars, or meteors, but not large enough to crater Earth's crust.
- A North American plant of the primrose family, with white, pink, or purple hanging flowers with backward curving petals. The flowers are carried above the leaves on slender stems and turn to face up following fertilization.
More example sentences
- Genus Dodecatheon, family Primulaceae: several species, especially D. meadia
- At this time of year, hikers can be on the alert for early buttercups, shooting stars in the foothills and moss phlox.
- In the muskegs - the sponge-like bogs that ring the old-growth forest - shooting stars are in bloom, their purple blossoms dotting a lime-green carpet of sphagnum moss.
- Near the trail, there are shooting stars under the trees, and Indian paintbrush is visible between rocks.