Definition of shopkeeper in English:
The owner and manager of a shop.
- When we walk into a shop we get sneered at by the shopkeeper and we are not left to walk about the shop freely.
- He picked up an item from the shop and agreed to pay its price to the shopkeeper.
- I dashed into a shop and told the shopkeeper that I had to use his phone urgently.
- Example sentences
- Redmonds shop of Oola closed last Friday, as Joan and Joe Redmond have retired from shopkeeping.
- By 1845 the economic prospects for South Australia and Hay had improved enough for him to start shopkeeping again.
- For Derek shopkeeping is in his family's blood, with grandparents, uncles, aunties and nieces all running shops.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.