Definition of shorty in English:
noun (plural shorties)informal
1A person who is shorter than average (often used as a nickname).
- We saddled up, although simply getting on the horse was a trial for a shorty like me.
- Need I remind you the countless hours you spent crying because no one wanted to be friends with the shorty?
- But as a fellow shorty, the Celtic manager is hardly going to judge this as an insurmountable disadvantage.
1.1 [often as modifier] A short garment, especially a short dress or nightgown: she pulled on a shorty nightshirt
More example sentences
- Titania first appears in a blue silk ball gown, but when retiring she discards the gown to reveal a shortie slip nightdress.
- Katkandu motors through a gap in the barrier reef between South Water Caye and Carrie Bow Caye as we pull on shortie wetsuits, weight belts, tanks, fins.
- The other sister is in a tight-fitting, low-cut black dress under a square-cut shorty jacket with elbow-length sleeves.
Words that rhyme with shortyforty, haughty, naughty, pianoforte, rorty, sortie, sporty, UB40, warty
Definition of shorty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.