1A spongy, shaped pad sewn into the shoulder of a garment to provide bulk and shape.
- Fine-tune the shoulder pad position in a garment.
- He was wearing a large black cloak, with the a flag stitched onto the right shoulder pad.
- The car went backwards and I grabbed the car seat and the shoulder pad of his jacket.
1.1A hard protective pad for the shoulders used in certain sports, such as ice hockey and football.
- Rogers, who is returning from a broken right collarbone, wears a rubber shoulder pad during workouts as a precaution.
- If he does participate, Rogers likely will wear a rubber shoulder pad to reduce the impact of any incidental hits.
- The only problem is that Schulters' helmet still hasn't hit Ward's, and the replays clearly showed it was a clean hit with his shoulder pad.
Definition of shoulder pad in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.