Definition of showdown in English:
1A final test or confrontation intended to settle a dispute.
- Even the final showdown with the Green Goblin is premised as an ethical problem.
- The family had to take part in four games and a final showdown with the Herdman family from Powys.
- David Beckham is already dreaming of a World Cup final showdown with his Old Trafford pal Juan Sebastian Veron.
1.1(In poker) the requirement at the end of a round that the players who remain in must show their cards to determine which is the strongest hand.
- In a showdown, the winner will take the pot consisting of the small antes and the bets.
- There is no concept of equalising the bets, and a showdown is not possible with more than two players.
- Maybe you actually have the best hand and would win in a showdown right now.
Words that rhyme with showdowngodown, hoedown, slowdown
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.