Definition of showrooming in English:
The practice of visiting a store or stores in order to examine a product before buying it online at a lower price: as a result of showrooming, a physical store may lose sales
More example sentences
- While likely futile, the effort to stop showrooming is an understandable if sometimes unsubtle reaction to fears of death by a billion clicks.
- In an effort to combat showrooming, international retailers such as David Jones and Target offer a "click-and-collect" online purchase and in-store pick-up service.
- The practice of "showrooming," or viewing an item in a retail store and then buying it online, has brought the e-commerce threat directly to bricks-and-mortar retailers.
- Example sentences
- Some retailers have tried to compete with showroomers by reducing prices.
- Savvy retailers are starting to use mobile technology to keep showroomers' dollars in their stores.
- The simple answer, according to two experts, is not to stop showrooming but to change the way the retailer reacts to showroomers.
Definition of showrooming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.