nounchiefly North American
- The person who has overall creative authority and management responsibility for a television program: the vision of the show as a whole does not come from the freelance or even the staff writer, but from the showrunnerMore example sentences
- The showrunner reads every version of each script written by each staff member.
- Watch the shows that impress you, that are in the same genre as your pilot, then send a query letter to the showrunners who created those shows.
- The best showrunners I know put out shows they'd like to watch and are in tune with the viewing audience.
More definitions of showrunnerDefinition of showrunner in:
- The British & World English dictionary