noun (plural shrubberies)
- 1Shrubs collectively.More example sentences
- Care should be taken when designing roses into the landscape which are next to solid structures like fences, buildings or even large, dense shrubbery.
- If it is dense enough, shrubbery can provide a home to ground-nesting birds such as doves and thrushes as well as small mammals like rabbits.
- Protection from afternoon sun may also be given by fences, shrubbery or screens.
- 1.1An area planted with shrubs.More example sentences
- The developers have included water features, seating area and shrubberies in the landscaped gardens which surround the scheme.
- Mature lawns surround Lakefield House while the manageable garden also features a shrubbery and rockeries as well as the two patio areas.
- With a little shrubbery or plants, such fences can provide very attractive barriers along property lines.
More definitions of shrubberyDefinition of shrubbery in:
- The British & World English dictionary