- A competition or game in which the losing side fails to score.More example sentences
- I guess it's like losing a shutout, or even losing a close game on one pitch.
- He was used sparingly until September, when his last three appearances were all starts, including a complete game shutout of the Angels.
- John and Gossage combined on a four hit shutout in Game Two, and things look ominous for the Dodgers as the Series returned to LA.
More definitions of shutoutDefinition of shutout in:
- The British & World English dictionary