- A person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.More example sentences
- So now, six years in, what should these shysters, lawyers, and purveyors of vacuous mediocrity do next?
- I put myself out on the line for this guy, and he was nothing but a shyster with a slick lawyer.
- He declared the amount to be ‘good value for money in a business largely conducted by shysters and sharks.’
mid 19th century: origin uncertain; perhaps related to German Scheisser 'worthless person'.
More definitions of shysterDefinition of shyster in:
- The British & World English dictionary