Definition of sibship in English:
1A group of offspring having the same two parents.
- What is the level of correlated mating within sibships and what is the level of correlated paternity among sibships?
- Our article presents two methods for partitioning individuals into full sibships when no parental information is available and illustrates their accuracy on various real and simulated data sets.
- All individuals were selected from sibships that had both female and hermaphrodite progeny, so all individuals carried a fertility cytoplasm that is susceptible to restoration.
1.1 Anthropology The state of belonging to a sib or the same sib.
- The first is the percentage of each sibship that is female, given that women generally do a disproportionate share of maintaining kinship ties.
- However, it considers only sibship means and does not account for biological relationships between subjects within families.
- Family identity was maintained so that sibship was not confounded with any of the other assignments, but was not otherwise considered in statistical analyses.
Definition of sibship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan