Any of a number of birds with a long narrow down-curved bill.
- ● A tropical American hummingbird (genus Eutoxeres, family Trochilidae: two species). ● A New Guinea bird of paradise (two genera in the family Paradisaeidae).
More example sentences
- The rat-a-tat-tat of the brown sicklebill could be likened to machine-gun fire.
- Sicklebills have evolved a long, curved beak used to probe for insects in thick moss and tree bark.
- Carved from Lapis Lazuli a duck Egyptians saw a mysterious connection between the sicklebills of the ibises and the crescent moon.
Definition of sicklebill in:
- The British & World English dictionary