- A suit other than the trump suit.More example sentences
- When the declarer leads from a side suit, it is very often right for the defenders to hold back their high cards.
- If you are playing a suit contract, and an opponent leads the Ace of a side suit in which you hold the King, you can trump the Ace and then lead the King to win another trick.
- A strong trump holding by itself will usually not be enough for the declarer to win, he needs additional tricks in side suits.
More definitions of side suitDefinition of side suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary