- A wind blowing predominantly from one side.More example sentences
- They showed that I had a good head wind going south on the first leg, then a light head wind on the leg going west, then a side wind (again from the west) going north east back to Quest.
- After the climbs we had a strong side wind which is very stressful for the peloton because it can easily break up and riders, or large groups, can get dropped, which happened on numerous occasions today.
- The field was sure to break up from the stiff side wind and the yo-yo effect that was sure to happen at each turnaround.
More definitions of side windDefinition of side wind in:
- The British & World English dictionary