Definition of sided in English:
Having sides of a specified number or type: narrow, steep-sided canyons
More example sentences
- In the comfy lounge, a 20-sided die rolled silently across a table like a tumbleweed.
- Those old oriental boxes, top hats with pigeons and double-sided silk handkerchiefs won't do any more.
- Through the millennia, the Zambezi River has carved its way down through faulted rock to create this sheer-sided gorge.
- 1sidedly adverb
- [in combination]Example sentences
- Thus the art literature of the North almost everywhere reflects one - sidedly the standpoint of the classical tradition.
- The movie is one sidedly upbeat.
- His consciousness is concentrated one sidedly on details requiring the most careful observation.
- Example sentences
- This legislation has been widely criticised for its one - sidedness in addressing the various interests related to copyright and this lack of balance is considered to be at odds with established legal frameworks.
- Furthermore, mutants for asymmetrically-expressed proteins end up randomizing the sidedness of asymmetric structures, and laser ablation of the parapineal similarly produces fish with randomized asymmetry.
- This unlovely portrait is not wholly wrong, but it is, in its despairing one - sidedness, wholly inadequate as a basis for analysis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.