Definition of sided in English:
Having sides of a specified number or type: narrow, steep-sided canyons
More example sentences
- In the comfy lounge, a 20-sided die rolled silently across a table like a tumbleweed.
- Those old oriental boxes, top hats with pigeons and double-sided silk handkerchiefs won't do any more.
- Through the millennia, the Zambezi River has carved its way down through faulted rock to create this sheer-sided gorge.
- [in combination]Example sentences
- Thus the art literature of the North almost everywhere reflects one - sidedly the standpoint of the classical tradition.
- The movie is one sidedly upbeat.
- His consciousness is concentrated one sidedly on details requiring the most careful observation.
- Example sentences
- This legislation has been widely criticised for its one - sidedness in addressing the various interests related to copyright and this lack of balance is considered to be at odds with established legal frameworks.
- Furthermore, mutants for asymmetrically-expressed proteins end up randomizing the sidedness of asymmetric structures, and laser ablation of the parapineal similarly produces fish with randomized asymmetry.
- This unlovely portrait is not wholly wrong, but it is, in its despairing one - sidedness, wholly inadequate as a basis for analysis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan