- An instrument used for keeping the image of a celestial object in a fixed position.More example sentences
- The six mirrors, or siderostats, are mounted at regular intervals along a Y-shaped set of tubes.
- The six imaging siderostats can be mounted on any one of the concrete piers apparent along the arms of the Y, providing the maximum baseline of 437 meters.
- One array consists of four stationary astrometric siderostats with baselines between 18 m and 35 m, while the other contains six movable imaging siderostats with baselines up to 435 m.
More definitions of siderostatDefinition of siderostat in:
- The British & World English dictionary