- Being a symbol or sign of something; having a meaning.More example sentences
- Here we encounter the third and final function of symbolic meaning, the significative function, which is exhibited most clearly, according to Cassirer, in the ‘pure category of relation.’
- Its setting, the courtroom, is a significative and instantly recognizable space, and it relies on a set of props that have been hallowed by centuries of reverential use.
- The artist encircles this cross with a line to mark it off as significative.
More definitions of significativeDefinition of significative in:
- The British & World English dictionary