- A crystalline compound that works by inhibiting the breakdown of enzymes that leads to loss of erection. Also called Viagra ( • trademark ).
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C22H30N6O4S
- DeBusk and associates conducted a randomized, double-blind, prospective, multi-center, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate when used to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Though the ocular side effects of sildenafil have been reported, no information is available on the histopathologic effects of chronic use of sildenafil citrate on the ocular vasculature.
- Decreased libido has also been treated with sildenafil citrate.