A tree that produces silk cotton (kapok).
- Two species in the family Bombacaceae: the Indian silk-cotton tree (Bombax ceiba) and the ceiba
More example sentences
- The next morning I woke up after a deep sleep and lay in bed, lazily looking out of the window at the silk-cotton tree where birds were translating the morning breeze into tunes.
- These kapok or silk-cotton trees belong to the Bombax family, Bombacaceae, which includes many fascinating, handsome and much admired trees.
- It has a preference for residing in the silk-cotton tree because the silky fibres of the seedpods resemble its coat and may act to camouflage it from predators.
Definition of silk-cotton tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary