- A gland in a silkworm, spider, or other arthropod that secretes the substance that hardens as threads of silk or web.More example sentences
- The spider manufactures silk protein in its silk gland, at which point it is still soluble.
- What makes it so strong is the magical transformation of tiny droplets of protein solution into silk thread that takes place in a complex structure called the silk gland.
- The various types of silk are produced by different specialized silk glands and nozzles called spinnerets.
More definitions of silk glandDefinition of silk gland in:
- The British & World English dictionary