(also silk screen)
Definition of silkscreen in English:
1A screen of fine mesh used in screen-printing.
- is a technique whereby a cut stencil is attached to a silk screen of very fine mesh stretched on a wooden frame.
- It is a serigraph created by using more than 60 silk screens to give it an exquisite finish typical of a fine art image.
- An original print is a work of art which an artist creates by processing a woodblock, or a lithographic stone or plate, or a silk screen so that more than one identical image can be printed from it..
1.1A print made by screen-printing.
- The children also took part in dance and drama activities, made dream catchers and created a silk screen about Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Apart from anything else, his avuncular visage is no good at all for t-shirts and Warholian silk screens.
- This exhibit consists of pen and ink drawings, silk screens and just a few posters from the past.
verb[with object] Back to top
Print, decorate, or reproduce using a silkscreen.
- The recreated brush strokes are silk-screened one color at a time until the graphic reflects the painting to the artist's satisfaction.
- Paul Gauguin's Two Tahitian Women is silk-screened at each corner of the painting.
- Sometimes when a student silk-screened his or her portrait, the color was just wrong.
Words that rhyme with silkscreengangrene • terrene
Definition of silkscreen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.