(also silk screen)
Definition of silkscreen in English:
1A screen of fine mesh used in screen-printing.
- is a technique whereby a cut stencil is attached to a silk screen of very fine mesh stretched on a wooden frame.
- It is a serigraph created by using more than 60 silk screens to give it an exquisite finish typical of a fine art image.
- An original print is a work of art which an artist creates by processing a woodblock, or a lithographic stone or plate, or a silk screen so that more than one identical image can be printed from it..
1.1A print made by screen-printing.
- The children also took part in dance and drama activities, made dream catchers and created a silk screen about Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Apart from anything else, his avuncular visage is no good at all for t-shirts and Warholian silk screens.
- This exhibit consists of pen and ink drawings, silk screens and just a few posters from the past.
verb[with object] Back to top
Print, decorate, or reproduce using a silkscreen.
- The recreated brush strokes are silk-screened one color at a time until the graphic reflects the painting to the artist's satisfaction.
- Paul Gauguin's Two Tahitian Women is silk-screened at each corner of the painting.
- Sometimes when a student silk-screened his or her portrait, the color was just wrong.
Definition of silkscreen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan