Definition of silver fir in English:
A fir tree with foliage that appears silvery or bluish because of whitish lines on the undersides of the needles.
- Genus Abies, family Pinaceae: several species, in particular the European A. alba and the North American A. amabilis, a coastal tree found from southern Alaska to northern California
- He notes carefully the distinctive qualities of particular specimens of goldcup oak, Douglas spruce, yellow pine, silver fir, and sequoia.
- From the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Florida, where the red mangrove presides, to Olympic National Park in Washington, home of the Pacific silver fir, our public lands are a great place to grow up if you want to be a champ.
- The Olympics are also home to the biggest western hemlock, subalpine and Pacific silver fir, Alaska-cedar, and Englemana spruce.
Definition of silver fir in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.