- 1A fungal disease of ornamental and fruit trees, especially plum trees, resulting in silvery discoloration of the leaves.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Chondrostereum purpureum, family Stereaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- If plum trees are pruned at the wrong time of year, they are often attacked by silver leaf, a serious fungal disease.
- We think your flowering cherry trees may have silver leaf fungus disease.
- 2Silver that has been beaten into a very thin sheet, suitable for applying to surfaces as a decoration.More example sentences
- A chart was done of how the sky would look at the dawn of the millennium, and I had to recreate the scene in gold and silver leaf.
- Some graphics become unique multi-media works with the addition of collage elements - paper or items glued onto the face of the print - or the addition of gold or silver leaf.
- Many of his current paintings feature hand-worked gold and silver leaf, gold porcelain or appliqué from other media such as sheet music and fabric.
More definitions of silver leafDefinition of silver leaf in:
- The British & World English dictionary