- A glassy coating of ice formed on the ground or an exposed surface by freezing rain or the refreezing of thawed ice.More example sentences
- It is conditions like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, firestorms and silver thaws that remind us how little control we have over our environment and how much control it has over us.
- Freezing periods, with or without snowfall, usually end with a storm, during which the first 24 to 48 hours of rainfall freezes to all surfaces, called a silver thaw or ice storm.
- The silver thaw referred to in this poem is a Canadian Maritimes word for an ice storm covering all with glaze ice.
More definitions of silver thawDefinition of silver thaw in:
- The British & World English dictionary