Definition of silverberry in English:
noun (plural silverberries)
A North American shrub related to the oleaster, with red-brown stems and silvery leaves, flowers, and berries.
- Elaeagnus commutata, family Elaeagnaceae
- If you are unfamiliar with the silverberry, you may walk right by it, wondering at the mysterious source of the delightful scent which bewitches your nostrils.
- One such is the silverberry, Elaeagnus argentea, a shrub of northern N. America, especially the Hudson's Bay region, which bears edible fruits.
- The silverberry seeds we used were picked in Yellowknife.
Definition of silverberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan