Definition of silversmith in English:
A person who makes silver articles.
- He discussed silversmiths and silver and gold beating… and the tools of these craftsmen, their technical vocabulary, what raw materials they used, and finally he returned to the salt cellar.
- There were certainly fine examples available at this time, and as early as 1680 the English silversmiths were producing rectangular canisters engraved with sophisticated designs.
- Many of them were skilled artisans, such as silversmiths, masons, milliners, cobblers, singers and tailors.
- Example sentences
- The latter include a grouping of Dutch silversmithing and gilding examples; sophisticated furniture; and luxurious glass objects, ceramics, textiles and mother-of-pearl.
- For most of my early life, I worked as a silversmith and lectured at Glasgow School of Art in silversmithing and jewellery.
- He has also worked with silversmithing and painting in water media.
Words that rhyme with silversmithcoppersmith
Definition of silversmith in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan