Definition of silversmith in English:
A person who makes silver articles.
- He discussed silversmiths and silver and gold beating… and the tools of these craftsmen, their technical vocabulary, what raw materials they used, and finally he returned to the salt cellar.
- There were certainly fine examples available at this time, and as early as 1680 the English silversmiths were producing rectangular canisters engraved with sophisticated designs.
- Many of them were skilled artisans, such as silversmiths, masons, milliners, cobblers, singers and tailors.
- Example sentences
- The latter include a grouping of Dutch silversmithing and gilding examples; sophisticated furniture; and luxurious glass objects, ceramics, textiles and mother-of-pearl.
- For most of my early life, I worked as a silversmith and lectured at Glasgow School of Art in silversmithing and jewellery.
- He has also worked with silversmithing and painting in water media.
Definition of silversmith in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.