Definition of silverware in English:
1Dishes, containers, or cutlery made of or coated with silver.
- This cornucopia of all things interesting and Irish continues with a large offering of Irish silverware.
- In 1878 he won two more first prizes for silverware at the Paris exhibition.
- With my rag, I scooped some rubbing compound and began polishing silverware for the banquet.
1.1Eating and serving utensils made of any material.
- She stood in front of the sink, a pile of dirty dishes and silverware on one side, and a pile of clean on the other side.
- No one said a word, and only the clink of dishes and silverware was heard in the uncomfortable silence.
- With an excited smile, Ally went into the kitchen to get plates and silverware.
Definition of silverware in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan