Definition of silverweed in English:
A yellow-flowered herbaceous potentilla with silvery compound leaves, a common grassland weed of north temperate regions.
- Potentilla anserina, family Rosaceae
- But often I grazed fields like this one, searching for silverweed, wild garlic, cress in the damp corners.
- After a last stream - beehives here - we're on a dead-end road with silverweed growing down the middle of the Tarmac.
- Expansion of the endangered silverweed at Wolf Lake is another sign of success.
Definition of silverweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan