- 1Like silver in color or appearance; shiny and gray-white: shoals of silvery fishMore example sentences
- They are green and white, and they carry their national symbol, the star and crescent, silvery bright and shiny.
- Despite it being winter, there is plenty of colour, from subtle silvery tones to bright berries and stems.
- Germanium looks like a metal, with a bright, shiny, silvery luster, but it is brittle and breaks apart rather easily.
- 1.1(Of a person’s hair) gray-white and lustrous.More example sentences
- He has silvery hair, quick, hawk eyes, and a lean, slightly bent frame.
- Wearing black trousers and a grey polo shirt, he is still handsome with shoulder-length silvery hair and a twinkle in the eye.
- I made out an elderly lady, propped up, silvery hair rippling across her shoulders.
- 1.2(Of a sound) gentle, clear, and melodious: a little silvery laughMore example sentences
- She laughed, a silvery tinkling sound clearer than any bell.
- He felt the familiar glow rise once more in his stomach at the sound of the silvery laughter.
- In the responsive acoustic of Kendal's United Reformed Church the silvery sound of the massed flute choir could be appreciated to the full.
- More example sentences
- It's mainly to do with its extraordinary silveriness - what isn't brushed aluminium is chrome.
- The silveriness is most stunning with new spring growth, hardening to blue-green in summer.
- I wasn't terribly keen on the silveriness of the whole thing, at first, but the subtle pattern makes up for that.
More definitions of silveryDefinition of silvery in:
- The British & World English dictionary