Definition of simpatico in English:
1(Of a person) likable and easy to get along with.
- That's the impression I got when I first started exploring the subject, about 15 years ago, and even my closest friends and simpatico colleagues thought I was bonkers to write a whole book about them.
- But once you have a simpatico Minister, it changes things from the top.
- She has spawned a new kind of icon: the simpatico celebrity, rich and famous but also down-to-earth, approachable, real, willing to admit their flaws.
1.1Having or characterized by shared attributes or interests; compatible: a simpatico relationship
More example sentences
- The two obviously have a simpatico relationship and their working methods, however different they might be individually, complement one another in a seemingly natural manner.
- The trick is to remember that each wine and each food is made up of many components and it's the simpatico relationship between all of these components that makes for a successful pairing.
- So the fact that the two men might have similar political views, or a certain sort of simpatico relationship might work well commercially?
Italian and Spanish, 'sympathetic'.
Definition of simpatico in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.