Definition of simpatico in English:
1(Of a person) likable and easy to get along with.
- That's the impression I got when I first started exploring the subject, about 15 years ago, and even my closest friends and simpatico colleagues thought I was bonkers to write a whole book about them.
- But once you have a simpatico Minister, it changes things from the top.
- She has spawned a new kind of icon: the simpatico celebrity, rich and famous but also down-to-earth, approachable, real, willing to admit their flaws.
1.1Having or characterized by shared attributes or interests; compatible: a simpatico relationship
More example sentences
- The two obviously have a simpatico relationship and their working methods, however different they might be individually, complement one another in a seemingly natural manner.
- The trick is to remember that each wine and each food is made up of many components and it's the simpatico relationship between all of these components that makes for a successful pairing.
- So the fact that the two men might have similar political views, or a certain sort of simpatico relationship might work well commercially?
Definition of simpatico in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan