- A fracture of the bone only, without damage to the surrounding tissues or breaking of the skin. Compare with compound fracture.More example sentences
- For example, never dismiss a greenstick fracture as a simple fracture - inspect the x ray for tiny shards of bone.
- A simple fracture is one in which the overlying skin and soft tissue is intact and only the bone is significantly injured.
- Usually, an injury results in a single fracture, and is known as a simple fracture.
More definitions of simple fractureDefinition of simple fracture in:
- The British & World English dictionary