- A majority in which the highest number of votes cast for any one candidate, issue, or item exceeds the second-highest number, while not constituting an absolute majority.More example sentences
- They need two candidates for every seat, and a simple majority of votes cast should decide the election.
- Each member has one vote, and decisions are usually taken by consensus, but when that is not possible, a simple majority of votes cast is normally sufficient.
- Looking battered but unbowed, he technically needs to win just a simple majority of the votes cast today.
More definitions of simple majorityDefinition of simple majority in:
- The British & World English dictionary