The front of the skull from the forehead to the crown.
More example sentences
- The bregma, forehead, nose, mouth, and chin are born in succession as the sinciput sweeps along the sacrum.
- When there is extension, the occiput is higher than the sinciput and the occiput is the cephalic prominence.
- Your sinciput, dear friends, is the part of your head from the forehead to the tippy top.
late 16th century: from Latin, from semi- 'half' + caput 'head'.
- More example sentences
- The temperament is nervous; the sincipital is large, compared with the basilar region, and the occipital part of the sincipital region is much greater than its frontal portion.
- We report one such case of sincipital encephalocele with agenesis of corpus callosum and intracranial lipoma.
- There are three basic classes of anterior encephaloceles: frontal, sincipital, and basal.
Definition of sinciput in:
- The British & World English dictionary