- A chemical bond in which one pair of electrons is shared between two atoms.More example sentences
- A carbon atom with two single bonds and one double bond carries a valence of four.
- If a single bond is made by sharing one electron from each atom, each oxygen then has seven electrons, one short of an octet.
- In the nitro group, the central nitrogen atom is involved in both a double bond and a single bond.
More definitions of single bondDefinition of single bond in:
- The British & World English dictionary