- Denoting a system of bookkeeping in which each transaction is entered in one account only.More example sentences
- During this period there was sophisticated budgetary control and single-entry bookkeeping systems.
- In terms of accounting, Bell used single-entry bookkeeping which satisfied his needs in terms of accuracy and memory.
- The recording method earned the name ‘three legs’ because double-entry was used for recording credit transactions and single-entry for recording cash transactions.
More definitions of single-entryDefinition of single-entry in:
- The British & World English dictionary