- A large aquatic plant-eating mammal of the order Sirenia, such as a manatee or dugong.More example sentences
- The remaining sirenians, are seriously threatened by hunting, habitat degradation, and in the case of manatees, collisions with boats in the shallow coastal areas they prefer.
- Modern sirenians are large, docile, aquatic herbivores.
- To understand isotopic variation in Florida sirenians, we selected four teeth for serial sampling.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting sirenians.More example sentences
- This may have supported a strong, fleshy lip with which Thalassocnus grazed seagrass or kelp, much like manatees and their sirenian relatives.
- The hyrax - elephant - sirenian core is well-accepted on morphological grounds.
- Corystosiren is a late-surviving dugong at a time when sirenian fossils are exceedingly rare in Florida.
More definitions of sirenianDefinition of sirenian in:
- The British & World English dictionary