Definition of siskin in English:
A small songbird related to the goldfinch.
- Genus Carduelis (and Serinus), family Fringillidae: several species, including the pine siskin (C. pinus) of North America, with dark-streaked plumage, notched tail, and touches of yellow on wings and tail
- Seedeaters such as evening grosbeaks, goldfinches, and pine siskins prefer black oil sunflower and niger thistle.
- Niger thistle appeals especially to pine siskins, goldfinches, and purple and house finches.
- After a four-winter absence delightful siskins returned to our garden in 1994.
Definition of siskin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan