- A style of riding in which a rider remains seated while a horse is trotting, rather than rising from the saddle on alternate strides.More example sentences
- Begin on a large circle at the sitting trot.
- I started with a walk and got to a sitting trot - I am going to save the other two speeds for next time.
- Yesterday those devoted to dressage lined the main arena to watch every move, every stop, every step back and each canter, circle and sitting trot.
More definitions of sitting trotDefinition of sitting trot in:
- The British & World English dictionary