Definition of sixteen in English:
1Equivalent to the product of four and four; one more than fifteen, or six more than ten; 16: sixteen miles east of Detroit sixteen of our eighteen patients (Roman numeral: xvi, XVI)
More example sentences
- They were working fifteen to sixteen hours a day and at the same time coping with the difficulties of living on a reduced benefit.
- A total of fifteen salmon were caught by anglers ranging in age from four years to sixteen years.
- We only have about four hundred students in all, so the most we have in a class in fifteen or sixteen.
1.2Sixteen years old: a daughter of sixteen
More example sentences
- His sixteen year old daughter stood on the porch, her arms crossed over her chest, her gaze hard and cold.
- When the two adults arrived home, they were both met by their sixteen year old daughters.
- He got his first job in Joyce's of Ballymoe at the age of sixteen and went into business himself some years later as a street trader.
Words that rhyme with sixteenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definition of sixteen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia