nounMusic , North American
- A note having the time value of a sixteenth of a whole note or half an eighth note, represented by a large dot with a two-hooked stem. Also called semiquaver.More example sentences
- In addition to quarters, eighths and sixteenth notes, triplets and dotted rhythms are used tastefully and add variety.
- Some passages do incorporate sixteenth notes and eighth notes with dotted quarters following.
- The page was a series of entirely sixteenth notes, with incredible articulation changes in the strangest spots and about five key changes.
More definitions of sixteenth noteDefinition of sixteenth note in:
- The British & World English dictionary