Definition of skillet in English:
1North American A frying pan.
- I trust my gut and remove the chicken from the skillet, placing each piece on a doubled up paper towel to drain.
- Today, many of the kits are made of stainless steel and come with a variety of pots and skillets, all nested in one another.
- Simply heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
1.1 historical A small metal cooking pot with a long handle, typically having legs.
- Place the item to be cooked in the oven (not on a metal skillet, as this tends to burn the underside of the item).
- Meanwhile, the worthy sorceress roused the Faerie prince and the light Elf from their luxurious slumbers with the aid of a cooking skillet and a wooden spoon.
Words that rhyme with skilletbillet, filet, fillet, millet, willet
Definition of skillet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan