- 1North American A frying pan.More example sentences
- I trust my gut and remove the chicken from the skillet, placing each piece on a doubled up paper towel to drain.
- Today, many of the kits are made of stainless steel and come with a variety of pots and skillets, all nested in one another.
- Simply heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1.1 • historical A small metal cooking pot with a long handle, typically having legs.More example sentences
- Place the item to be cooked in the oven (not on a metal skillet, as this tends to burn the underside of the item).
- Meanwhile, the worthy sorceress roused the Faerie prince and the light Elf from their luxurious slumbers with the aid of a cooking skillet and a wooden spoon.
Middle English: perhaps from Old French escuelete, diminutive of escuele 'platter', from late Latin scutella.
More definitions of skilletDefinition of skillet in:
- The British & World English dictionary