Definition of skillet in English:
1North American A frying pan.
- I trust my gut and remove the chicken from the skillet, placing each piece on a doubled up paper towel to drain.
- Today, many of the kits are made of stainless steel and come with a variety of pots and skillets, all nested in one another.
- Simply heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
1.1 historical A small metal cooking pot with a long handle, typically having legs.
- Place the item to be cooked in the oven (not on a metal skillet, as this tends to burn the underside of the item).
- Meanwhile, the worthy sorceress roused the Faerie prince and the light Elf from their luxurious slumbers with the aid of a cooking skillet and a wooden spoon.
Words that rhyme with skilletbillet, filet, fillet, millet, willet
Definition of skillet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.