Definition of skin diving in English:
The action or sport of swimming under water without a diving suit, typically in deep water using an aqualung and flippers.
- ‘We decided that we had to separate skin diving from scuba diving because of the safety aspect,’ he said.
- On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.
- Shallow Water Blackout is most commonly associated with skin diving.
- Example sentences
- Uncaring and cruel, this man skin-dives with a spear gun and walks the street with a filet knife.
- Disregarding the depth, some guides skin-dived, showing off in irritating poses and whipping up clouds of sand.
- I've seen three-foot squid in the Bermuda Triangle, and I've skin-dived with basking sharks off California.
Pronunciation: /ˈskin ˌdīv/verb
Definition of skin diving in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.