- The tendency of a high-frequency alternating current to flow through only the outer layer of a conductor.More example sentences
- High frequencies tend to travel on the outside of the wire - solid in this case - and bundled, a phenomenon known as ‘the skin effect.’
- These fibres form a meshwork around fat cells, creating the mattress skin effect.
- As a result, the skin effect appears to be less significant than for other materials.
More definitions of skin effectDefinition of skin effect in:
- The British & World English dictionary