Definition of skin test in English:
A test for an immune reaction performed by applying a substance topically or injecting it into the skin.
- Allergies are diagnosed using a skin test or blood test, depending on the age and condition of the patient.
- Usually the allergist will start off with something like a skin test or a blood test.
- Bilirubin levels are easily measured with a skin test or blood test.
verb(skin-test) [with object] (usually as noun skin-testing) Back to top
Perform a skin test on (someone).
- Subjects in the BCG-vaccinated group were not skin-tested.
Definition of skin test in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia