- 1A small close-fitting cap without a brim.More example sentences
- They wore close-fitting crocheted skullcaps that were noticed by others.
- On their heads, they wore white knitted skullcaps, silken headscarves or baseball caps.
- Men in white shoulder-to-ankle gowns and skullcaps were selling their furniture, appliances, and clothing to feed their families.
- 2The top part of the skull.More example sentences
- In 1887, Eugene Dubois discovered a skullcap, a femur (thigh bone), and a molar in the same area.
- In contrast to the exhumation chronicles, which claimed wooden skullcaps covered the sawn-off crowns, their skulls are intact.
- In 1973, a hominid skullcap and two stone tools were found.
- 3A widely distributed plant of the mint family, whose tubular flowers have a helmet-shaped cup at the base.
More example sentences
- Genus Scutellaria, family Labiatae
- Other sleep promoting herbs include valerian, Californian poppy, skullcap, hops and passionflower.
- Herbal supplements that can be toxic to the liver include kava, comfrey, chaparral, jin bu huan, kombucha tea, pennyroyal and skullcap.
- Chamomile, oatstraw, and skullcap are examples.
More definitions of skullcapDefinition of skullcap in:
- The British & World English dictionary