Definition of skullcap in English:
1A small close-fitting cap without a brim.
- They wore close-fitting crocheted skullcaps that were noticed by others.
- On their heads, they wore white knitted skullcaps, silken headscarves or baseball caps.
- Men in white shoulder-to-ankle gowns and skullcaps were selling their furniture, appliances, and clothing to feed their families.
2The top part of the skull.
- In 1887, Eugene Dubois discovered a skullcap, a femur (thigh bone), and a molar in the same area.
- In contrast to the exhumation chronicles, which claimed wooden skullcaps covered the sawn-off crowns, their skulls are intact.
- In 1973, a hominid skullcap and two stone tools were found.
3A widely distributed plant of the mint family, whose tubular flowers have a helmet-shaped cup at the base.
- Genus Scutellaria, family Labiatae
- Other sleep promoting herbs include valerian, Californian poppy, skullcap, hops and passionflower.
- Herbal supplements that can be toxic to the liver include kava, comfrey, chaparral, jin bu huan, kombucha tea, pennyroyal and skullcap.
- Chamomile, oatstraw, and skullcap are examples.
Definition of skullcap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan