Definition of skyjack in English:
Hijack (an aircraft).
- Jerrold Post interviewed for eight hours an Abu Nidal terrorist who skyjacked an airliner and killed five passengers.
- The field of study began in the 1970s with research into the effectiveness of metal detectors against skyjacking.
- The record shows that such acts, from the bombing of buildings to skyjacking, in virtually every case have had three characteristics.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- When I was in FAA, the skyjacker usually took over a plane and asked for large amounts of money.
- They have at their disposal what are for all practical purposes human intercontinental delivery systems composed of skyjackers.
- It's no anomaly that fifteen of the nineteen suicide skyjackers of came from Saudi Arabia.
Definition of skyjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan