Definition of skywatch in English:
verb[no object] informal
Observe or monitor the sky, especially for heavenly bodies or aircraft.
- Last night I was googling for info on the best spots to skywatch here in Ottawa.
- A few years ago I tried some skywatching in a cruise ship out at sea.
- And I hope that they'll give us the option of engaging the cultural origins of skywatching and how different cultures identify constellations.
- Example sentences
- I have heard of bird watchers, but I am a pioneering skywatcher.
- The bizarre X-Files-style sighting left residents baffled - but skywatchers believe it may have been a piece of space junk.
- As keen skywatchers, my wife and I have seen exactly the same thing from the same area.
Words that rhyme with skywatchhotchpotch • wristwatch
Definition of skywatch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan