Definition of skyway in English:
nounchiefly North American
1A recognized route followed by aircraft.
- The VASC captured futuristic designs in a special NASA display that shows airplane concepts that may some day fly on an interstate skyway.
- Using anti-grav beacon technology linked with vehicle computers, the skyways allow flying cars to safely travel domestic routes at varying altitudes
- Port Town uses skyways and starships make less pollution than cars, so you probably did see stars… a rarity in any city these days.
2 another term for skywalk.
- Road overbridges and underbridges, skyways and walkways are welcome, but people must be educated on their use.
- Glistening windows ran past us as we flew by the skyscrapers, a skyway level above the evening traffic.
- Around '95 I opened a recording studio in an office building that was part of the skyway system in downtown St. Paul.
3An elevated highway.
- The government was urged to use the Baht 60 million fund granted by KfW to study the feasibility of the elevated railway and skyway project.
- Aislinn led the way to the prison, trying to travel the back alleys she knew so well instead of the main skyways and highways.
- The web of pathways, highways, shipways and skyways has been growing ever since.
Definition of skyway in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan