nounchiefly North American
- 1A recognized route followed by aircraft.More example sentences
- The VASC captured futuristic designs in a special NASA display that shows airplane concepts that may some day fly on an interstate skyway.
- Using anti-grav beacon technology linked with vehicle computers, the skyways allow flying cars to safely travel domestic routes at varying altitudes
- Port Town uses skyways and starships make less pollution than cars, so you probably did see stars… a rarity in any city these days.
- 2 another term for skywalk.More example sentences
- Road overbridges and underbridges, skyways and walkways are welcome, but people must be educated on their use.
- Glistening windows ran past us as we flew by the skyscrapers, a skyway level above the evening traffic.
- Around '95 I opened a recording studio in an office building that was part of the skyway system in downtown St. Paul.
- 3An elevated highway.More example sentences
- The government was urged to use the Baht 60 million fund granted by KfW to study the feasibility of the elevated railway and skyway project.
- Aislinn led the way to the prison, trying to travel the back alleys she knew so well instead of the main skyways and highways.
- The web of pathways, highways, shipways and skyways has been growing ever since.
More definitions of skywayDefinition of skyway in:
- The British & World English dictionary